It doesn’t matter if you have service with Boston ADT or Davie ADT, these people know what they’re doing when it comes to home security. And even if you don’t have a system with them or their providers, they still have a short list of tips you can use to help protect your home and family.
1. Keep the garage door shut. It can give intruders access and give them a foothold.
2. Make sure that all outer doors have 1-inch thick, deadbolt locks. If your doors don’t have these then consider investing in a couple at your local hardware store.
3. Use exterior lights hooked up to motion detectors to deter criminals from making an unwanted entrance.
4. If you know you are going to be away for an extended period of time you can leave your TV on. The light from the television will give potential intruders the idea that someone is home.
5. Don’t leave notes on the door for service people or family members. Nothing says “I’m not home” like a posted note.